Home Forums FZ750 freaks Need Fuel Pump

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by al.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Trevor Brown
    Participant

Hi folks, I don’t know how many people have posted this as I am a new member, I need a fuel pump and they don’t make them anymore, does anyone know of an after market fuel pump I can use for a 1985 FZ750? I can’t find any used ones on ebay, I’m in Canada, so I’m looking for a substitute. Any Ideas??

al
    Participant

hey I just looked on eBay and saw one.. anyway I was trying to look around for you and found this out

quote:
    The Fuel Pump – Is a self regulating/self priming electric pump as used on many motorcycles and small cars. The fuel pressure is very low and replacing the pump with another type is usually difficult, as the pressure is so small. The pump automatically stops running when the pressure in the downstream line to the carbs reaches a set level. IT does this via a central plunger through the middle of the pump and that breaks a contact on the end of the pump. Its vital that these contacts are kept clean and the wires are attached (they have a habit of breaking off and the contacts tend to burn up). The pump is run from the fuel controller via 2 wire plug. The contacts can be got at be removing the small crosshead screw from the rubber
    boot and pulling back the boot.
    src: http://www.fz750.net/tips/fuel_controller.htm

I would try pulling it apart and see whats up with it.. or experiment .. who knows maybe I might be doing this soon too!

al
    Participant

hope i’m not to late, I just had a problem with my pump not pumping, go figure!.. looked around the net then decided to take apart the pump.. a wire popped off (possibly due to age) but I then repaired it and now she is pumping again.. take a look at the picture to help you this is how I fixed it.

Jukka Häyrinen
    Participant

I had to replace the fuel pump few years back, ‘cos it sometimes just stopped pumping. I thought it had been ruined by the the rust in the tank, so I bought a new 2nd hand one. I bought and installed a pump of an YZF750. Maybe the original pump only had the problem ‘cos of this wire thing :-/

al
    Participant

sucks man , I like to tinker with stuff before I toss it out some times I get lucky sometimes it just wont work no matter what.. just life..

and the pump issue I had was also the switch that was acting up for the reserve , had to spray wd40 in the switch and work it back and fourth now its all good

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.