Home Forums FZ750 freaks NEEDED!!! body piece that goes around the tail light and ties to the seat and side panels…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    david ewing
    Participant

i live in the states in pennsylvania and here the fz’s are as rare as a money tree. i need the body piece that goes around the tail light and ties into the seat and side panels. a week before i purchased my fz the guy’s lady smashed the machine up a bit and that was one of the pieces. any ideas or leads would would bbe fantastic, thanks…

al
    Participant

have you ever considered fibre glassing?.. I never used this stuff before but I went to canadian tire and bought a boat repair kit and used that to make an Ipad holder for my truck … it turned out really good and I started with a cardboard(cereal box) design and glassed over it… used some tiger hair bondo for marine work( which is waterproof not like regular filler) just to fill in small imperfections… I must say for the first time with this stuff it wasn’t hard at all and cheap $30 for the kit.. this should fix your issue no problem I would suggest gluing it with super glue back together then glassing the underside that wont show for strength and filling the top side with some plastic filler then a really fine sandpaper to smooth it out and finish it with some paint it will be as good as new.

John Ross
    Participant

I to am facing some plastic issues on my own fz project, and i will probably make my upper fairin the same way. I hope it goes well for you.

david ewing
    Participant

yes i might have to do that cause i cannot find one…i don’t even have the original piece to make a mold of…did find one for sale but the guy wanted like $150.00 for it. just not in the budgit though…hard to believe i can’t find a used one anywhere. gonna need front fairings as well so i’m for sure on a mission…thanks for the input.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.