Home Forums FZ750 freaks FZ750 Rebuild time/frame Swap

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

I am rebuilding my 85 FZ into something I am not sure of yet

for those that are wondering why well about 6 years ago the motorcycle was hit by a car cracking the front rim and throwing me off the other way. The frame had been attempted to be straightened(no luck toasted) So now its time to have some fun and pull my hair out in makeing a new beast.

Couple of ideas that I had are to change and upgrade the front forks I was looking at 88-89FZR1000 complete front end and was wondering if the yoke will slide in or will I need to make shims for it, also for the clutch is there away to convert to a cable from the hydralic system?

Any tips or Idea would be great
    Mike

Graham Beale
    Participant

Mike if you are referring to the pre-exup FZR 1000 Genesis then the yokes are a straight bolt in job with no stem swapping to be done. I have them fitted to my FZ. You are not limited to forks from the same bike. I have FZR600 forks fitted to mine but any 41mm forks that are long enough should do.
    I believe there was a clutch mechanism fitted to the early race bikes which some people have copied. It replaces the hydraulic slave cylinder but is expensive to have machined from scratch.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.